Tuesday, March 07, 2006

...and I watched in awe as he ate a plateful of raw cauliflower...

Creamy Cauliflower Salad

1 head cauliflower, cut into toddler-sized florets
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
some bacon, cooked and crumbled (it was probably 8 strips or so)
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 C. Miracle whip (or mayonnaise, if you like that, I guess)
1/4 c. sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

whisk together Miracle Whip, sugar, vinegar, and lemon juice. Toss everything else together and pour dressing over it, tossing to coat. chill.

This is based on a recipie by the same name from allrecipies.com, I just added more of the good stuff :) It's a lot like a low-carb potato salad, but even if carbs arent' an issue (like they aren't for us) cauliflower is still one of the most nutritious vegetables out there, while potatoes, shall we say, aren't. Anyway, it's really really good, and I think I'll be making it all summer.

No comments: