Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The first day of the rest of my life

So, my mom went home today around 5 pm, and I was left to my own devices for two whole hours before bedtime. I managed to get dinner served and then the boys and I made a blueberry buckle (like a very sweet blueberry coffee cake) to take up the time between dinner and bed. It was a little nerve wracking, since henry is still a little young for cooking, but we got it in the oven and I started on the dishes. I looked over a minute later and found Henry playing with probably a cup of salt he had poured on the table and floor. I put away the salt (I should have known) and swept it up with the little hand broom and dust pan, which I then left on the table. I started the dishwasher and began the hand-wash items. I looked over at henry and saw that he had opened up Stanley's box of soymilk and was pouring it into the dustpan, which, being a dustpan, was letting the milk run right out onto the table and floor. After dessert I picked the lock of the boy's room (Stan locks each door in the house and pulls it shut, as of yesterday), let Mary cry while I took care of a 5-wipe diaper of Hen's, and did a quick ni-night time. They are in there now throwing something at the mini-blinds, but at least no one is crying yet. I am locked out of my room and cant get the bobby pin to work, so here I am. And Stan just let Henry out--so much for them being in bed. ll,lkk. bjjgg nhjm,

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Good luck Julie! It sounds like an adventure. I hope we will be able to meet back up sometime so I can see you and your fam again!

Supercords said...

Poor Julie. I wish you could come over for dinner and games tonight at Joey's. I miss the old times. Hang in there! :)