Tuesday, November 28, 2006

about the boys

Henry turned 2 months old on Sunday, and today he had his 2 month checkup.
weight 11 lbs 9 oz (45%)
length 21 3/4 (9%)
Head circumference 39.7 cm (15%)
He has a pretty steady neck, he scoots along the floor if you let him push against your hand. he smiles when you coo or fake sneeze, and last night when I was fake sneezing for him, he actually laughed! his first laugh! henry is so cute! I have some pictures of him smiling I have yet to post.

Stanley is good, too. He is good at singing and using polite words to adults that aren't me or Scott. he loves to play games on the computer, and pretty much has the thing figured out. I'll be asking him for help with my computer problems in about three months. He is finally growing out of hiw 18 month pants, but the 2Ts are still a little big. He has been eating like a grown man, though, for the last few days, so I bet he'll fit them soon. Stan can approximate counting to 20, but he can really almost count to ten--he just skips the number 4 every time. He knows some letters but not all of them, and he doesn't know a lot of letter sounds yet, except for S, which is "my's letter". Stan loves to talk on the phone, and he loves to hug and kiss Henry. He is starting to listen to stories that I tell him without a book. he needs a haircut again. I'm going to start potty training him right after we get back from Christmas (so everyone else's carpet will be safe). He hates wearing pants and is always asking to do things with his pants off: "wash dishes-pants off?" "color picture-pants off?" "play baseball-pants off?" and pretty much the only fight we have at bedtime anymore is whether or not he has to wear pajama pants. he has stopped waking up in the night (he started when we moved) unless he falls out of his bed, which he does once in a while. He likes me to pick up and vacuum his room. He likes to pick up the living room so he can turn off all the lights and run around in the dark. The end.

No comments: