Thursday, November 23, 2006

night owl

henry is a night owl, no doubt about it. It's 1:18 right now, and he's just getting started, I'm sure. I had a 4:00 night this week (dozing on the floor or in the chair and getting up every few minutes to re-insert the binkie after 2), and last night I went to bed early, but Scott reported that he finally went to sleep at 3:15. he used to go to sleep pretty reliably at 1:30, but now it's always later than late. 1:30 would be a luxury. I don't remember if Stan was like this--I know for a long time he went to sleep at 11, but 11 is much different than 3:00. And this is harder because if Scott is awake, he usually needs to be studying, and henry slows him down too much and makes it too hard. So if Scott's up studying I also have to be up so that I can take care of henry, but of course some one still has to get up with Stan in the morning--or at least stumble downstairs to turn on PBS and stumble back to bed. sometimes I put an awake Henry in the bed with me and try to sleep, but he moves too much and makes a lot of noise so it ends up being a frustrating quazi-sleep. Fate is making me eat my words about wanting to stay up late.

No comments: